The Manufacturers Intermediary Apprenticeship Program (MIAP)
MACNY is proud to partner with the New York State Department of Labor and our Alliance Partners to sponsor the Manufacturers Intermediary Apprenticeship Program (MIAP).
What is MIAP (The Manufacturers Intermediary Apprenticeship Program)?
MIAP supports equitable access to Registered Apprenticeship for all individuals, regardless of their work experience or academic qualifications. Across the state, MIAP supports companies in the recruitment, upskilling, and retention of new workers by acting as intermediaries to help them establish and manage New York State Registered Apprenticeship program.
The program is supported by a group of Alliance Partners that are spread out across 8 different regions of New York State: MACNY (Central New York and the North Country), RTMA (Rochester), COI (The Hudson Valley), MAST (The Southern Tier), BNMA (Buffalo), CEG (Albany), Ignite LI (Long Island), and Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce (Brooklyn).
How do we help companies start Registered Apprenticeship programs?
- We manage relationships with the New York State Department of Labor (NYSDOL).
- We ease the administrative burden of company registrations.
- We use our expertise and to help companies establish their own Registered Apprenticeship programs.
- We manage programs by establishing internal processes and coordinating work-related classes with community colleges and outside approved education providers.
- We act as a group sponsor (MACNY obtained the first-in-the-state approval from the New York State Department of Labor to become a “group sponsor” for advanced manufacturing).
- We help companies access funding streams on the behalf of companies to offset the cost of managing their program.
- We are here to help ensure your program is successful.
How do we support Individuals pursuing Registered Apprenticeship?
- We leverage our relationships and resources to connect job-seekers with companies recruiting Registered Apprenticeship candidates.
- We provide information and knowledge about career pathways through Registered Apprenticeship, a springboar to high-demand careers.
- We meet individuals where they are, upskilling them to levels required to attain and secure well-paying jobs in today’s competetive global industries.
- We monitor apprentices’ progress toward receiving their industry-recognized credential
Want to learn more about Registered Apprenticeship?
Learn about the career opportunities available through Registered Apprenticeship.
How can your company benefit from a Registered Apprenticeship Program?
Recruit and develop a highly-skilled workforce that will help you grow your business.
“Our MIAP relationship with MACNY allows us to concentrate on running our business while MACNY ensures our apprentices’ success.”
John Scharr, pictured (left) with co-program manager, Paul Wiesner (right), and recent Journey Worker, Jake Wilson (middle). Including Wilson, Scharr and Wiesner have graduated three Electro-Mechanical Technician (EMT) apprentices to Journey Worker status, currently manage four others, and are in the process of registering an additional EMT and an Industrial Manufacturing Technician apprentice.
Maintenance Supervisor and Apprenticeship Program Manager
BAUSCH + LOMB
Meet Our Workforce Development Team
Senior Vice President of Workforce Development & Chief Operations Officer
Director of Apprenticeship & Workforce Development
Manager of Apprenticeship & Workforce Development
Senior Workforce Development Specialist
Workforce Development Specialist
Workforce Development Program Manager - Military & Veteran Services
Finance & Contracts Administrative Specialist
Marketing & Communications Manager
Workforce Development Consultant
Workforce Development Consultant