Earn while you learn by starting a Registered Apprenticeship.
What's Registered Apprenticeship?
- A formal training relationship governed by the New York Department of Labor (NYSDOL) standards between an employer and employee that leads to a professional, skilled worker. If it’s not registered, it’s just training.
- Combines hands-on work experience and classroom instruction.
- Follows an “earn while you learn” training model, which provides a unique combination of structured learning and on-the-job training from an assigned mentor.
- Earns the employee a nationally recognized credential, a Journey Worker certification.
Why Registered Apprenticeship?
- Studies have shown that Registered Apprentices are more qualified and job-ready than fellow job seekers.
- Registered Apprentices can choose a field or industry that they are genuinely interested in, which leads to higher job satisfaction.
- Completing a Registered Apprenticeship puts you on the right path to future success.
- Not only does a Registered Apprenticeship give you the opportunity to learn and experience your chosen career, but it also makes you more employable to future companies.
Training and Education
- As a Registered Apprentice, you’ll receive all the necessary training and education you need to succeed.
- We partner with technical schools, community colleges, training institutions, and other education providers to ensure you’re ready to join the manufacturing workforce.
- Through government and education grants, this education and training comes at an extremely low cost.
- Due to the low-cost of this schooling, most apprentices’ graduate debt-free.
How does a Registered Apprenticeship Compare to a Typical 4-Year College Degree?
Annual cost per academic year of college
Total cost of 4-year College Degree
Total cost of 4-year Apprenticeship program with 8,000 hours of hands-on training
Average wage of a skilled worker in NYS annually
Discover your future in Registered Apprenticeship.
Start your journey on a pathway where you’ll receive paid on-the-job training that leads you directly into a career.